Monday 20 April 2015

Round up of the week...Hi De Hi, beaches, books & animals...

I am back from a week of holiday with my family...

We spent the week in Dorset at a holiday camp, thankfully not the Hi De Hi knobbly knee contest type, this one is set in woodland and the chalets are all log cabins, they also have a nature reserve, deer roaming freely on the park and lots of conservation awards.  But they still have entertainment and children's clubs along with an indoor swimming pool, arcade, roller rink, crazy golf and restaurant and a Costa coffee (seriously I think Costa are trying to take over the world...).

Park Dean Holiday park in Warmwell, Dorset was our destination, we actually knew the site from many fabulous weekends spent there with the New Forest Harley bikers and it is a lovely place.

So a week of chilling, playing cards and charades, tuppeny machines in the arcade, walks on the nature reserve and every day in the swimming pool, where youngest learnt to swim...oh and half board so also a week of fried breakfasts and not having to cook dinner either...there was a lot of food...but that probably doesn't surprise any of you.

We also visited Bridport market (lots of bric a brac stalls and interesting food vendors), West Bay (pebbly beach, indoor market, cafe and a heap load of seagulls) and Weymouth (lots of shops, lovely sandy beach, more seagulls and lots of crows).

The added bonus of Warmwell is that the internet signal is non existent, so apart from logging into their wifi once a day at dinner time we were pretty much cut off...bliss...allowing me to switch off completely...or so I thought, because actually in not having the internet to connect to my brain switched to imagination mode and I now have a head full of ideas, plans, seeds of projects and huge amounts of inspiration all fighting amongst themselves to be heard...

I did get the chance to read quite a bit and managed to re-read the first three Pratchett books in the Tiffany Aching series - Wee Free Men, Hat Full of Sky and Wintersmith (the fourth book is I shall Wear Midnight).  As with all the Terry Pratchett books they are brilliantly written but he seems to have absolutely captured everything about witchcraft, real hands on witchcraft, perfectly.

And we were visited by quite a lot of animals during the week...

Deer that wandered around the park, a robin that visited our veranda every day, plenty of seagulls (including their poop) and I was surprised to see lots of crows on Weymouth sea front, their must be a message in there somewhere...

So now it is back to routine, the children went back to school today and hubby went back to work. The house is quiet (and tidy...except for truck loads of washing) and I am starting to get myself organised...although I may have to empty my head into an 'ideas list' before it lets me think about anything that I actually really need to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.