Thursday 28 January 2016

Camellia's are in the money

The camellia in my garden is flowering and has been for several weeks, it is a bit early but I think I have a completely bizarre 'other reality' time zone in my garden...that or Mother Nature really has gone doolally...

The camellia flowers drop from the branches still in a whole flower shape (rather than losing their individual petals) so it is easy to collect them up and dry them.

I just lay the flowers out on sheets of paper in the conservatory to dry.

I wrote about the camellia a few years ago on the Kitchen Witch blog
 http://kitchenwitchuk.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/camellia-flower-of-riches.html

And here is an extract from my book A Kitchen Witch's World of Magical Herbs & Plants:

Camellia
(Camellia japonica)

This is THE money flower and I just happen to have a very pretty pink one that grows in my garden, dark evergreen glossy leaves and beautiful flowers (white, pinks, and reds).

Money, wealth, riches, abundance, luxury…do I need to go on? It brings riches and opens your heart to the abundance of the universe…just don’t forget to send a thank you note.

Keeping a camellia shrub growing in your garden should ensure that riches come your way and that you will never be short of money. Use the flower petals in money spells, pouches, poppets and witches bottles.

Remember that wealth is not always in material form, camellia can bring spiritual riches too; just remember to be thankful for what you have.

I keep a few dried camellia petals in my money jar (the one I add all my loose change to).

Camellia Magical Properties:
Abundance, prosperity, spirituality
Ruling planet – Moon
Element – Water
Gender – Feminine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.